Monday, September 17, 2012

DIY - Halloween Tree

I love Christmas trees and lights! What I've done different this year than all the one's before was leave up my tree, but change out the decor for every holiday other than Christmas.   Here's how I did my Halloween Themed Tree.   Obviously, because I change out the decor often I do not like to spend too much money on this activity.  A lot of my items I purchase from the local Dollar Tree so that after one use I can just throw it away and not clutter up my house.   

First I chose my decor.  I wanted something fun and silly not scary or bloody.  I decided to get some wire-edged decorative ribbon, a few hanging spiders, a bag of plastic rings and a few mini decorative balloons.   I got all of these items below for less than $10.





 From here I just let my imagination run wild and placed all of those items on the tree.  I really liked the plastic Halloween rings because they were bright fun colors and you could place them all around the tree with just one bag (or two) if you wanted to add a few more.   Once I was done, I topped one of the balloons at the tip of the tree so it said "Happy Halloween".   Below is the finished product.


XOXO- GMJ

No comments:

Post a Comment