Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Trader Joe's Experience

I've heard so much about this Trader Joe's grocery store from people I follow on instagram, so when I heard they we're building a few here in the DFW area I was very excited.  I've seen many people take photo's of their "healthy" and "unique" grocery finds at this place that when I found out it finally opened last Friday, I had to check this place out for myself.  What really was all this hype about????

I found some time today to go to the very first DFW Trader Joe's located in Plano and to my surprise I can attest that this place in my opinion is AMAZING!   I was very shocked that at 2:30pm on a Wednesday afternoon this place was CROWDED and according to one of the ladies that was working in the produce section, "it had died down a bit".    Honestly, I have never been to a grocery store that crowded before because it looked like I was shopping for food the day before Thanksgiving.  
Lines for days....


Trader Joe's is definitely different than other grocery stores because for starters it has an "old fashion island" convenient store feel to it.   The walls are all decked out in cedar planks and all the employees are wearing Hawaiian Styled Shirts which puts me in "vacation mode".   The main difference that sets Trader Joe's from any other grocery store is that they stock hard-to-find or unique items and great tasting foods for a reasonable price.   

At the end of the day their motto is "great food + great prices = value".   


 I took a few photos of my experience there and some little things I ended up buys.
Fun Gum Packaging at the checkout counter

Colorful Wrapped Chocolates

Few of my purchases

 
More food purchases
Trying to be healthy....

Happy Shopping!!!
XOXO-GMJ

No comments:

Post a Comment